Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful - (the short and sweet of it)

As I sit on the edge of my 38th Thanksgiving I find myself humbled by all I have to be thankful for. And its not just the grateful sense of appreciation one feels for acquired goods like houses, cars, and shoes (yes, shoes. You realize who is writing this, right?) but an awe-inspired heart-twisting thankfulness for the people I have been privileged to do life with. You know who you are - you are the wise words in a confusing situation, the gentle spirit in the harsh realities, the words of encouragement in the midst of defeat. You are the honest opinion even when I'd prefer a lie, you are the celebrator of life's tiny victories and the ever-present shoulder during life's struggles. You are laughter, support, loyal, and you are constant. And I am THANKFUL for my place in your lives!

1 comment: